Saturday, November 28, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 2:13 PM
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 7:19 AM
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 6:17 PM
Your hair? really big right now, like crazy 80s big
Your mother? very loving and supportive
Your father? very loving and supportive
Your favorite food? noodles
Your dream last night? some craziness because I ate a burrito before bed. it involved lots of doors. hmmm...
Your favorite drink? soy vanilla latte
Your dream/goal? to live on a farm with my family, music, animals and lots of books.
What room are you in? my living room
Your hobby? reading
Your fear? loss of my son, my husband, my family...loss in general
Where do you want to be in 6 years? still home with my family, in the country, with money saved
Where were you last night? at my part-time bookstore job shelving mystery books
Something that you aren't? girlie
Muffins? bran carrot
Wish list item? BOOKS or Spa Day ( I may not be girlie but I do like being clean and pampered)
Where did you grow up? Minnesota
Last thing you did? put my kiddo down for a nap
What are you wearing? GAP sweats and a HANES white tshirt. Total product placement, right? Can I get a sponsor? j/k
Your TV? dirty
Your Pets? 2 cats, one locked in basement now due to his need to howl next to my son's crib.
Your life? pray to Mary to keep it blessed!
Your mood? a little anxious and snarky due to some insurance company crap going on.
Missing someone? Grandparents
Vehicle? Subaru Forester named Frida
Something you're not wearing? socks
Your favorite store? Oh who am I kidding? Target. I'm soothed by all that red.
Your favorite color? blue (surprised you, didn't I?)
When was the last time you laughed? this morning
Last time you cried? yesterday when I saw that darn movie preview for "Dear John" (the movie based on the book by Nicholas Spark) good lord.
Your best friend? fabulous
One place that you go to over and over? New York City
Facebook? a little
Favorite place to eat? Saji-ya, a sushi bar
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 12:00 PM
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 6:21 AM
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Week in Review
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 10:12 AM
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 3:57 PM
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 5:13 AM
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 10:47 AM
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 6:59 AM
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Week in Review
Thursday, November 12, 2009
First and foremost, we want nothing but complete honesty in your reviews. If you loved the story, that’s great! That’s what we are striving for at Thomas Nelson. We want to consistently produce quality fiction that inspires, entertains, and challenges readers. If you didn’t enjoy a certain novel, well that’s great as well! Of course we want every title to be a home run with readers, but when they aren’t we want to know why. The only way we can continue to bring our readers consistent and quality fiction is to receive honest and unbiased feedback from them. We’re not asking for positive reviews in return for free review materials. We’re simply asking for complete objectivity.
We ask that you keep your reviews under 200 words if at all possible. This word count allows you to be informative without being too informative. We want your reviews to be read and most people tend to shy away from long reviews. Here is our recommendation for the structure of each review:
For the title of your post please include the title of the book and the author (e.g. House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo)
Summary (50-100 words)
Please make sure your summary is in the first few sentences of the review.
- What’s the story about? How would you describe this story to someone in 3 or 4 sentences?
- Be careful not to give away major plot points, twists, or surprise endings.
Your Reactions (100-150 words)
Let us know what you liked and didn’t like about the novel.
- Was the story suspenseful, frightening, or romantic? How did it make you feel?
- Consider story elements such as plot, character development, dialogue, description, and scene. What worked and what didn’t?
- Was the overall message inspiring? Were you challenged in your faith? Were you entertained?
- Would you recommend this novel to others?
Please keep in mind that we prefer our fiction reviews to be spoiler free. We don’t want to take away from someone’s reading experience. If you think a line or a sentence from you review is too revealing it’s usually best to omit it or rewrite it.
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 7:10 AM
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Good Afternoon Everyone. It is time to catch up on some Award Love. If you read my last Week in Review, I was given a few awards from my fellow bloggers and I can't tell you all how much it is appreciated.
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.I would like to award this to the following bloggers who I love to follow and read everything they write. (and you should too!) They are all so fun and talented.Christine= The Happily Ever After...Alyssa= Teens Read and WriteRebecca= Lost in BooksHappy Reading!* red headed book child
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 10:01 AM
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 11:34 AM
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 7:26 AM
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 8:34 AM
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 6:11 PM
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 8:16 AM
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Posted by Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) at 6:54 PM