I have changed a few things regarding my first Challenge.
I received some good tips from fellow bloggers and I decided to go with it. If you have already signed up, please leave another comment below. Thanks!
- Challenge runs from January 1 - December 31, 2011. Sign up ends February 1, 2011.
- Read A-I, J-P or Q-Z. You choose. The letter group you choose must be the last name of the author. (i.e= S for John Sandford).
- Mystery genre can include Cozy, Suspense, Thriller, or Noir. All Adult novels please.
- Leave a comment if you would like to sign up. I am getting rid of Mr. Linky.
- Write a post about this challenge and which group/s you pick. You can list the authors you choose or do it as you go.
- When you post your reviews, mention this challenge and link back to this sign up post.
- Sign up for my Giveaway below! You must be a follower, reside in the U.S and post about this challenge. I would appreciate it if you would sign up but it is not a requirement. I would like the help in spreading the word.
- Winner will be announced January 11, 2011.
I will be choosing the A-I portion of the alphabet to start!
If I do well, I will continue on!
Some of the authors I am interested in are Nancy Atherton, Lawrence Block, Benjamin Black, Lee Child, Diane Mott Davidson, just to name few. I am shooting for authors I have never read before. !
Thank you to Touchstone Books (Simon and Schuster) for sending me 2 copies of this new mystery to give away to one of my readers.
If you liked the shows 24 and The X Files (2 of MY favorites!),
this book would be right up your alley.
Gideon's War by Howard Gordon
Release Date January 11, 2011
Howard Gordon—the longtime executive producer of the hit TV series 24—makes his fiction debut with a tale of political intrigue and international terrorism. Gideon Davis has just 48 hours to bring his rogue agent brother in—before a twisted global conspiracy turns deadly.GIDEON DAVIS, whose behind-the-scenes negotiating skills have earned him the role of peacemaker in conflicts around the globe, knows more about hush-hush discussions in Capitol corridors than he does about hand-to-hand combat. But his more practical, tactical skills come into play when he's called on by family friend and government bigwig Earl Parker to chaperone a rogue agent from Southeast Asia to D.C. The agent, Tillman Davis, has promised to turn himself in— but only to his brother, Gideon.Although the two brothers have been estranged for years, Gideon cannot fathom how his brother could have turned into so ruthless a man. But when the plan for Tillman's surrender goes awry and Earl Parker is taken hostage, Gideon is forced to embrace his dark side in order to evade hostile locals in war-torn Mohan to make his way to the Obelisk—the multimillion-dollar, state-of-the-art oil rig that has been seized by terrorists led by Tillman himself. It is with the help of oil rig manager Kate Murphy that Gideon launches an unlikely one-man rescue.
Happy Reading and as always, thanks for stopping by!
red headed book child