Last year I was really super organized when I went to BEA and the BBC. I had everything planned to the "T" and you know what? It all ended up in the air anyway. All for the best really.
This year I am taking a casual approach because I know a little bit what to expect and I don't really want to rush. I know I have to wear comfy shoes. I know that I should have business cards in hand. I know to be polite and professional because this year I'm going completely as a blogger and I know that it is a privilege.
But I have to admit, my head is still spinning with all the stuff that is going on and though my approach may be more casual, I can't shut my darn mind off.
So, here is a glimpse of what is going through my brain in anticipation of BEA.
(I warn you. I'm random and weird and I get distracted VERY easily)
- Crap, my hair is so not red right now. I have WAY too much grey.
- Do I have TIME to color my hair?
- Are they going to think I'm a fraud?
- Note to self: squeeze in hair appointment.
- Where are my Keens? I need them for my trip. Oh dear, they are really worn out.
-I really should send that giveaway book out to Jenny from Take Me Away before the 4th of July.
- What a bad blogger I am. I haven't even posted about BEA yet really.
- I am so bummed that I will not get to meet Ice-T.
-It's weird that I'm most excited about him and Mo Willems. What range I have.
- What if I'm not nearly as interesting in person as I am in the blogosphere?
-Do people really think I'm interesting?
- Will I be able to talk that much to strangers?
-Gosh, I hope I don't drink too much out of anxiety.
-I wonder if Stacy from A Novel Source snores.
-I wonder if I'll snore.
- I really need to pack.
- I can't believe we still have to take off our shoes at the airport. yuck.
- I hope I can figure out how to get to the hotel from the airport.
- Boy, I really need to stop thinking so much.
You get the idea?
I can't wait to meet all of you!
I hope my mind will be calm by then :)
red headed book child