Before I go into July's pick, I would like to make an announcement. I will be discontinuing The Year of Mysterious Giveaways after August of this year.
This is happening for a few different reasons.
1. I can't afford it. I know it sounds lame. I do try to partner with publishers as much as I can but it doesn't always work out that way.
2. I love all of you who keep coming back to enter but overall, the response is low. I know Marce from Tea Time with Marce(another huge mystery fan) and I have struggled to find the mystery/thriller audience out there. I think I have found a lot of you!! But I was hoping to get more response from my contests. (insert sad face here)
3. I am strapped for time. I have a hard time staying on deadline as it is with so many other things in my life. I am getting tired of saying "Oops, Sorry it's late" over and over.
August will be the last giveaway and I'm really excited about that one! It's a good one to go out with a bang! The new Sandra Brannan will be given away!!!!! Hooray!
THANK you all for entering each month. Seriously, I appreciate it so much!! And I hope I have opened your eyes to some fabulous new mysteries. Please don't go away!
I will continue to read and review one of my favorite genres, no worries there. And who knows, maybe next year I will pick it up again.
There were no entries for June's Year of Mysterious Giveaway (insert another sad face here) so the first person to comment who resides in the U.S will be the winner!
On to July's pick!
Thank you to the publisher for offering a copy of Fireproof to give away.
Here are the thrilling details from Goodreads:
New York Times bestselling author Alex Kava returns in a blaze of glory with a gripping, action-packed thriller featuring special agent Maggie O'Dell,who is leading the search for a serial arsonist whose crimes threaten Maggie dangerously close to home.
When a building bursts into flames on a cold winter night in D.C., investigators see a resemblance to a string of recent fires in the area. There is one difference, however: This one has a human casualty. The local team insists they're looking for a young white male, suffering from an uncontrollable impulse to act out his anger or sexual aggression. But when special agent Maggie O'Dell is called in, everything she sees leads her to believe that this is the work of a calculating and controlled criminal.
Jeffery Cole, a reporter looking for his big break, is also at the scene of the crime and decides to make Maggie part of his news piece, digging up aspects of her past that she would rather forget. Maggie's brother Patrick is also back in DC where he is working for a private firefighting company and is frequently called in as these fires continue to light up around the city.
As the acts of arson become more brazen, Maggie's professional and personal worlds begin to collide dangerously. The killer may be closer than she imagines.
* Runs from July 6-August 3
* Please leave an email address
* Please reside in the United States